If you would like some HR document for small business advice, call our experts now we can provide you with all you need to know and more! HR documents are key in maintaining effective and streamlined HR management in small businesses. Creating thorough and strategic HR documentation helps to give structure and clarity to HR operations and ensures compliance with relevant laws.
In this article, we’ll discover which HR documents are vital for every small business’s smooth running and legal compliance.
Why do small businesses need HR documents?
HR documents for small business help to manage and streamline HR processes and ensure compliance with relevant laws. While creating these documents can be time-consuming without a professional’s help, once they have been created, they will be used by your business repeatedly, providing value for many years.
What HR documents for small businesses should I have?
The HR documents essential to your business depend on your business’s size, industry, and legal requirements. However, whilst there is no one size to fit all, there are several documents that nearly every business requires for effective HR management. Let’s find out what they are.
- Job descriptions – Outline the responsibilities, qualifications, and expectations for each role within the company.
- Job application forms – A standardised form used to gather personal information from all candidates applying for jobs.
- Offer letter – A formal document sent to candidates to offer them a job and detail the terms of employment.
- Employment contract – A legal agreement between employer and employee that provides details of the terms and conditions of employment.
The employee handbook should contain all the information new hires need about company policies, culture, and procedures.
- Health and safety policy – Explains how the business maintains a safe and healthy work environment.
- Disciplinary and dismissal policy – Outlines the procedures and grounds for disciplinary actions or dismissal.
- Grievance policy – Explains the formal process that employees must follow to make a formal complaint about an issue at work.
Performance evaluation form
A standardised form used to regularly assess and review employee performance against specific goals and objectives.
People Based Solutions can provide HR documents for small businesses
Does your small business lack the time and resources required to create and effectively manage HR documentation? If so, People Based Solutions can help!
Here at People Based Solutions, our HR professionals create bespoke, tailored, and legally compliant HR documents for small businesses in various industries. Whether you need a health and safety policy or an employee handbook, our team can quickly and efficiently create professional and effective HR documents tailored to your business needs. Although we work nationally, our local knowledge can be based on experience in dealing with certain areas of work to help with Health and Safety at your Warrington workplace. We can also travel around small businesses in Warrington, Liverpool, Manchester and beyond to cover our training and inductions
For more information about either which HR documents for small business are required, our HR services for small businesses in general, call us on 01925 202 217 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.